Applying Lync Server Cumulative Updates, don’t forget to update Monitoring Server Reports
April 28, 2013
Posted by on
When applying Lync Server (2010/2013) Cumulative Updates, one step that is often overlooked is updating the Monitoring Server Reports hosted on SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
Looking at TechNet for both 2010/2013 there is no reference to update Lync Monitoring Server Reports:
Lync Server 2013 Monitoring Reports RTM Version: 5.0.8308.0:
To install the Monitoring Reports re-run the Deploy Monitoring Server Reports, this will overwrite the current reports with the latest version:
- As a member of the DomainAdmins group, log on to any server in the domain that has the cumulative update installed.
- Run the Lync Server Deployment Wizard.
- In the Deployment Wizard, click Deploy Monitoring Server Reports.
- On the Specify Monitoring Server page, specify the Monitoring server that will collect and store the CDR and QoE data if not already shown.
- On the Specify Monitoring Server wizard page, specify the instance of SQL Server Reporting Services that will publish the reports if not already shown.
- On the Specify Credential page, specify the user credentials that will be used to access the Monitoring Server store (QoEMetrics and LcsCDR databases).
- On the Specify Read-Only group page, specify the domain group that will be granted read-only access to the Monitoring reports.
Upgrade Monitoring Server Report:
Updated Lync Server 2013 Monitoring Reports CU1 Version: 5.0.8308.291: