Event ID: 2937 Process w3wp.exe, Property [GlobalAddressList] is pointing to the Deleted Objects container
March 14, 2011
Posted by on
During a restart after installing SP1 for Exchange 2010 the event log would report Event ID: 2937
Process w3wp.exe () (PID=1796). Object [CN=Microsoft Exchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=####]. Property [GlobalAddressList] is set to value [####/Configuration/Deleted Objects/####/DEL:42677498-dfc0-40de-bdfe-8918bacb9042], it is pointing to the Deleted Objects container in Active Directory. This property should be fixed as soon as possible.
The solution was to open ADSIEDIT and connect to the domain.
- Expand: “Configuration”,”CN=Configuration,DC=####”,”CN=Services”
- On the left You should see: “CN=Microsoft Exchange”
- Right Click on the “CN=Microsoft Excahnge” container and chose properties
- Find “globalAddressList” in the list
- Select and click “Edit” on “globalAddressList”
- Select and click “Remove” on the values that point to Deleted Items “0ADEL…”.
- Click “OK”, then “Apply”, and finally “OK” again.
- Restart Server and verify Event Log.