Slow vSphere client
December 23, 2010
Posted by on
After upgrading VMware Virtual Center to 4.1, I noticed the vSphere Client took almost a minute to connect after authenticating.
Delete personal settings for client (clears saved server list and downloaded certificates) :
- HKCU\Software\VMware\Virtual Infrastructure Client
- HKCU\Software\VMware\VMware Infrastructure Client
Windows 7 users can also disable desktop composition to improve preformance:
- Right-click the shortcut for the vSphere Client and click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Select Disable desktop composition.
- Note: This disables Aero desktop effects while the application is open
- Click OK.
- Run the vSphere Client.
Deleting the registry keys reduced my load time to almost a quarter of what was prior.